Donated by Dr J.S. Davis
Papers of Dr Rajnarayan (Raj) S. Chandavarkar, Trinity College, Cambridge. Faculty of History, Cambridge and Director of the Centre of South Asian Studies, 2001-2006. Papers relating to teaching in Cambridge and to research on mills, labour activism and police in Bombay [Mumbai], 1920s and 1930s.
Secret Abstracts of Intelligence from police files from the 1920s and 1930s about various topics including mills and riots.
Folder 1 –
- Secret Abstract No. 1, 6th January 1940, Bombay Province Police, Secret abstract of Intelligence, 1940.
- Secret Abstract of Intelligence no. 27 (7th July 1923)- no. 51 (Dec 22nd 1923), Bombay Presidency Police, Secret Abstract of Intelligence, July-December 1923
- Secret abstract no. 45, 44 and 34 of 1929 Nov 9.
- The Bombay Girni Kamgar union (red flag) give money to the strike fund.
- Mararthi leaflet under signature of Purandhare. Translation: What militant workers should do. Bombay Police Archives No. 46 of 1929 para 2041.
- Secret abstract of Intelligence, No. 1- 3 1937.
- Secret abstract of intelligence, vol XXVII no. 1 of 1914: Saturday 10th Jan 1914, Bombay.
- Secret Abstract of Intelligence, various abstracts from 1914-1918. Bombay Presidency Police.
- Secret Abstract of Intelligence, various abstracts from 1918-1928, Bombay Presidency Police.
Folder 2 –
- Secret abstract no.1 (5th Jan)-51 (21st Dec) of 1929, Bombay presidency police.
- Secret abstract no. 1 (4th Jan)- 51 (20th Dec) of 1930, Bombay presidency police.
- Secret abstract no. 1 (3rd Jan)- 51(12th Dec) of 1931, Bombay presidency police.