Donated by Dr J.S. Davis
Papers of Dr Rajnarayan (Raj) S. Chandavarkar, Trinity College, Cambridge. Faculty of History, Cambridge and Director of the Centre of South Asian Studies, 2001-2006. Papers relating to teaching in Cambridge and to research on mills, labour activism and police in Bombay [Mumbai], 1920s and 1930s.
- Notes of evidence recorded by the Chhota Qabrastan Police Firing Committee, presided over by the Hon’ble Mr Justice Broomfield. 306pp. Indexed.
- Evidence and statements about strike activity, and police responses, at the Manekji Petit Mill, November 1928. Includes reports on later activity at the mill, its sale and the legislative response to industrial action.
- Papers and reports relating to the passage of the Industrial Relations Bill through the Bombay Legislative Assembly.
- Copies of research papers into the trials of labour activists, 1928-1938.
- Police and press reports on union activity in 1938.
- Reports on the passage and implementation of the Trades Disputes Bill.
- Special Branch reports the membership and activities of Shiv Sena in Bombay.
- Report: Shivsena and the February Riots. n.d. 4 chapters, 36pp.
- Pamphlet: A statement of accounts of the Bombay Provincial Congress Committee for thirteen months ending 30th September, 1922.
- Pamphlet: Constitution of the Provincial Congress Committee for the City of Bombay. Bombay, 1924, 23pp.
- 4 documents awaiting translation.
- Report of an enquiry in wages and hours of labour in the cotton mill industry, 1926. Labour Office, Government of Bombay, 1930