Papers of Thomas Bradwall Barlow
Official records, correspondence and papers of companies within the Barlow Group during Thomas B. Barlow’s Chairmanship: Tai Loong Ltd/Sdn Bhd;
- Tebrau Rubber Estates Ltd.
- 62/1: Tai Loong Ltd/Sdn Bhd, accounts and related correspondence 1947-74.
- 62/2: Tebrau Rubber Estates Ltd 1964-69. Comprising:
- correspondence between Thomas B. Barlow and John Johnson, Messrs Baillie & Gifford, Edinburgh, secretaries to Tebrau Rubber Estates Ltd (Barlow Boustead Estates Agency were managing agents to the company’s estates in Malaysia) including the following matters;
- negotiations with Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) over agreement to process Tebrau palm fruit at the factory of Johore Palm Processing Ltd, a subsidiary of the CDC (1964);
- following termination of the agreement by the CDC further negotiations over the buy back of shares from Tebrau in Johore Palm Processing Ltd (1966-68);
- correspondence relating to various purchase offers for Tebrau (1964-68); report by J. Eddington, Tebrau estate manager, on the manufacture of cominuted rubber (16 MAR 1968).