Papers of Thomas Bradwall Barlow
57/1: Chamek Plantations Ltd/Sdn Bhd 1952-74 Comprising:
- statements of expenditure and revenue (1956-74) and related correspondence (1952-54).
57/2: Chamek Plantations Sdn Bhd/Chamek Ltd 1972-79 Comprising:
- plan of the Chamek estate showing replanted areas; correspondence, minutes and papers relating to scheme whereby Barlow Boustead Estates Agency purchase Chamek estate and sell to Bekoh Holdings as part of the Kuala Sidim reorganisation scheme;
- papers relating to formation of Chamek Ltd to hold the remaining assets (shares in Highlands & Lowlands, and other companies) of Chamek Plantations Sdn Bhd;
- eventual liquidation of Chamek Ltd (1979).
57/3: Guthrie & Co. Ltd 1960-76 Comprising:
- correspondence and papers including matters relating to the Malayan Palm Oil Pool (1960);
- termination of the agency agreement between Guthrie Agency (Malaya) Ltd and Sembilan Estates Co. Ltd following acquisition by the Highlands Group (1961);
- report of meeting in London on need for industry wide settlement of palm oil harvester’s wage demands (18 JUN 1961);
- reports on terms and conditions of Guthries’ estates management staff (1964);
- correspondence and papers relating to the Plasticity Retention Index in association with the Standard Malaysian Rubber Specification Scheme (1967); letters relating to Guthrie Latex Ltd (1967);
- report by R. L. Grut for Malaysian Development Finance Bhd on the share offer in Guthrie Ropel Bhd (10 NOV 1976);
- correspondence between Thomas B. Barlow and Sir Eric Griffiths-Jones, chairman of The Guthrie Corporation, 1970-72;
- guest lists for London dinners hosted by Guthries.