Bequeathed by Dr (Thomas George) Percival Spear. Lecturer, St Stephen’s College, Delhi 1924-40; various posts in Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India 1940-45; Bursar, Selwyn College, Cambridge 1945-70; Lecturer in History, Cambridge University 1963-69.
The contents of this box were previously listed as Box 22.
- Folder containing 3 reprints of “Babur” and 23 reprints of “Clive, Robert” by Spear from the fifteenth edition of Encyclopaedia Britannica, 1974.
- Folder containing reprints of various papers, addresses, etc. by Spear
- “Delhi University”
- “The Reformation”
- “The Mughal Mansabdari System” (2 copies)
- “The Twilight of the Moghuls”
- “Britain’s Contribution to the Growth of Democracy in India”
- “Bahadur Shah I” and “Bahadur II”
- “Memorandum on the Basis and Structure of Indian Govt.”
- “A Study of the Political and Social Conditions of Delhi and its adjacent Territory, 1795 – 1803
- Folder containing reprints of various papers by:- Spear, Bruce B. Lawrence, G.Z. Refai, Frykenberg and Yandell, Thomas R. Metcalf, P.G. Robb, and unknown authors.
- Folder containing reprints of various papers by:- Frykenberg, J.F. Hilliker, A.A. Powell, Eric Stokes, Spear, Mary Doreen Wainwright, D.J. Howlett, Kenneth Ballhatchet, unknown, C.H. Philips, Peter Robb.