Papers of Joy Richardson, educator. Papers collected during research for a PhD on labour in sugar industries in the 1970s.
Donated by Joy Richardson.
Research notes, papers, company statements and political memoranda relating to the sugar industry.
- Presentation made to a meeting (undated and no details of the organisation hosting) with World Bank officials present. The presentation outlines the state of the sugar industry in Maharashtra. The meeting took place some time after 1976.
- Seven notebooks (four foolscap, three ~A5) kept by Joy Richardson during her research into sugar production in Maharashtra.
- ‘Shree Panchaganga Sakhari Sakhar Karkhana Limited, Ganganagar-Ichalkaranji (Dist. Kolhapur). A short note’. 14pp. n.d.
- ‘Brief note on the working of the Malegaon Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana Ltd., Malegaon Bk. (Shivnagar), Taluka Baramati, District Poona, Maharashtra State’. 12pp. n.d.
- ‘A short note on the working of the Shri Shankar Sahakari Sarkhar Karkhana ltd., Sadashivnagar.’ 25pp., ill., n.d. (c.1978)
- ‘A short note on the working of Shree Wwarana Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana Limited, Warananagar, District Kolhapur, Maharashtra’. 199pp. n.d.
- ‘Notes regarding scarcity conditions 1978-79, Ahmednagar District’. Notes for a meeting held on 21.9.1978 – no firther details given. 26pp.
- Duguid, F., ‘Progress report: sugar industry’, University of Strathclyde, David Livingstone Institute Business Behaviour Research Project, 25pp., 1979.
- ‘Shree Warana Sahakari Dakhar Karkhana Ltd., P.O. Warananagar, District Kolhapur. Brief note.’ 16pp., 1973.
- ‘A short note on the working of the Yeshwant Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana Ltd., Akluj., Taluka-Malshiras, Dist. Sholapur.’ 18pp., 1977.
- Sastry, D.U., ‘Location of the sugar industry in India’, reprinted from Artha Vijnana, Vol. 7, 1965, pp. 352-370.
- ”Nationalise the entire sugar industry’, memorandum bu Kopargaon Taluke Sakhar Kamgar Sabha, Sakarwadi: Gen. Secretary: Kishor Paear. 8pp. n.d.