Sir C.A. Tegart. Joined Indian Police 1901; Superintendent, Bengal 1908; Deputy Commissioner 1913; Deputy-Inspector 1918; Commissioner of Police, Calcutta 1923-31.
Given by Lady Tegart
- Press cuttings on the Chowringhee murder case. (E. Day, shot by Gopi Nath Saha in mistake for Sir Charles Tegart, on 12 January 1924):
- Cuttings from The Statesman; Forward; The Englishman; The Servant; The Telegraph; The Bengali; Amrita Bazar Patrika; Dainik Basumati; Indian Daily News; Capital; The Mussalman; The Calcutta Homefinder; Weekly Guardian; The Darjeeling Times.
- Two photographs of Gopi Nath Saha.
- Letters of congratulation to Sir Charles Tegart on his escape from Prafulla Kumar Biswas; S.K. Sen; H. Hobbs; A.K. Fuzlul Huq; E. O’Brien; Hiralal Maj dar; M. Harley; Prem Nath.
- Report on newspapers and periodicals in Bengal for week ending Saturday 2 February 1924. pp. 75-95.
- 2 cuttings of the Bruce case (Bruce was the only European juror in the Gopi Nath Saha trial).
Files 2 and 2a:
- Press cuttings on Dalhousie Square case. (Attempted assassination of Sir Charles Tegart on 25 August 1930 by Dr. Narain Roy, Dr. Bhupal Bose, and eight others):
- Cuttings from The Times; Liberty; Amrita Bazar Patrika; The Statesman; Morning Post; India; Planters Journal and Agriculturist; The Indian Municipality; The D. I. B. Weekly; Provincial Bulletin (Delhi); The Bangalee; The Basumati; Melbourne Herald; Evening News; Evening Standard; Communist Press; Liberty; Advance.
- Envelope with miscellaneous press cuttings: murder of Lt. Col. N.S. Simpson, shot by Benoy Krishna Bose; photograph of Benoy Krishna Bose; two cuttings on Sir Charles Tegart; TS expenses account 19-30 October 1926.