Bequeathed by Dr (Thomas George) Percival Spear. Lecturer, St Stephen’s College, Delhi 1924-40; various posts in Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India 1940-45; Bursar, Selwyn College, Cambridge 1945-70; Lecturer in History, Cambridge University 1963-69.
The contents of this box were previously listed as Box 59.
- older containing:
- ‘Delhi – A Traveller’s View, 14th to 20th century’ by N.H. Kulkarnee
- ‘Cultural and Political Role of Delhi During the Last Quarter of the 17th and the First Quarter of the 18th century’ by Satish Chandra
- ‘America and South Asia in the Aftermath of the Afghanistan Annexation: Some Misperceptions, Perceptions, and Policy Alternatives’ by R.E. Frykenberg
- ‘The Foundation and Early History of Delhi University’ [incomplete]
- ‘Capital of the Sultans – Delhi During the 13th and 14th centuries’ by M. Athar Ali
- Folder containing correspondence etc. regarding Spear’s trip to India in early 1965
- Folder of ‘History of India, Pakistan, Period 6: India and European Expansion c.1500-1858’ in both manuscript and typescript form