Bequeathed by Dr (Thomas George) Percival Spear. Lecturer, St Stephen’s College, Delhi 1924-40; various posts in Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India 1940-45; Bursar, Selwyn College, Cambridge 1945-70; Lecturer in History, Cambridge University 1963-69.
This contents of this box were previously listed as Box 18.
- File containing two articles:-
- Delhi – The Stop-Go Capital. (MS and TS)
- Personal Impressions of Delhi, 1933-39.
- File containing news of Thames and Hudson’s “Publisher of the Year” award, 1979.
- The Calcutta Historical Journal, Vol. VI: No.1, July-Dec. 1981.
- Blue exercise book – ms. notes on “Indian Economic History” by D.H. Buchanan.
- Hamdard Islamicus, Vol.IV, no.2, Summer, 1981.
- International Affairs, Winter 1981-82, Vol.58, no.1.
- Victorian Studies, June 1971, Vol.XIV, no.4.
- The Coronation in History, by B.Wilkinson.
- Pink spiral-bound note-book, “Return to Delhi, 1965” diary by Percival Spear.
- Blue spiral-bound note-book, “Return to India” (continued) diary by Percival Spear, with, in first section, list of Late Mughal Monuments.
- Eight annual reports of the Diocese of Delhi and the Cambridge Mission to Delhi from the years 1954 – 1966.
- Two reports of The Cambridge Brotherhood of The Ascension, Delhi, 1954-57.
- Twenty copies of “Delhi”, the quarterly paper of the Cambridge Mission to Delhi, in connexion with S.P.G., in aid of the Diocese of Delhi; various, from 1938 to April 1957.
- Folder marked “Late Mughal” containing photos and correspondence concerning the use of some of them.