Bequeathed by Dr (Thomas George) Percival Spear. Lecturer, St Stephen’s College, Delhi 1924-40; various posts in Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India 1940-45; Bursar, Selwyn College, Cambridge 1945-70; Lecturer in History, Cambridge University 1963-69.
The contents of this box were previously listed as Box 56. Folder 1 from the orgiinal listing has since been withdrawn from public access.
- Memorandum of Agreement between The University of Michigan Press and Spear for “India”
- Folder of correspondence with Sir John Lawrence concerning his biography of Sir Henry Lawrence
- Folder of correspondence with the Institute of Race Relations
- Folder of correspondence to, from and about Gavin Hambly
- Folder of miscellaneous correspondence plus paper by Simon Digby ‘Encounters with Jogis in Indian Sufi Hagiography’ for seminar on aspects of religion in South Asia