Bequeathed by Dr (Thomas George) Percival Spear. Lecturer, St Stephen’s College, Delhi 1924-40; various posts in Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India 1940-45; Bursar, Selwyn College, Cambridge 1945-70; Lecturer in History, Cambridge University 1963-69.
The contents of this box were previously listed as Box 44.
- 18 copies of offprint – ‘Chapter 25, The Mughals and The British’ by Spear
- Offprint – ‘British Expansion in India in the 18th Century: a Historical Revision’ by P.J. Marshall
- ‘Bengal, Past and Present’, diamond jubilee number, 1967, of the Calcutta Historical Society
- Folder of miscellaneous research/lecture notes, including:-
- Paper, “A Curiosity; long life among British writers who lived in India” by Ian Stephens
- Reprint, “Eunuchs in Bengal”, by Gavin Hambly
- Paper, “India After Independence: Trends Ancient and Modern”
- Several copies of “Delhi – The Stop-Go Capital” by Spear
- Folder of miscellaneous religious pieces
- Two folders of miscellaneous letters