Bequeathed by Dr (Thomas George) Percival Spear. Lecturer, St Stephen’s College, Delhi 1924-40; various posts in Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India 1940-45; Bursar, Selwyn College, Cambridge 1945-70; Lecturer in History, Cambridge University 1963-69.
The contents of this box were previously listed as Box 26.
- Folder containing newspaper cuttings, letters, reference/research notes etc. which were under subject headings such as:- Indo-Persian culture, Burma, Dutch, Europeans in India (Sir T. Roe, Kipling in Hills), Congress, W. Hastings, Revenue (J. Sullivan, A. Campbell, Irfan Habibh, M. Elvin), Punjab, Caste, Firearms, Muslim & Mughal India, etc.
- Folder containing papers, extracts, letters etc. as follows:-
- “The Arya Samaj and Communal Tensions in the Punjab, 1877-1897” – Kenneth W. Jones
- “Early Medieval History of Bengal – The Khaljis: 1204-1231” – Abdul Majed Khan
- “The Historicity of Ibn Batuta re. Shamsuddin Firuz Shah” – Abdul Majed Khan
- “Nationalism in China – The Foreign Challenge and the Chinese Responses” – Mark Elvin
- “Brief Chronology of Modern Chinese History” – (late 18supthsup century) – M. Elvin
- Photographs and 5pp. TS explanation of a scroll depicting the procession of state of Akbar Shah II (S. Digby ?)
- Booklet “A Plea for Reconstruction of Indian Policy” – Jayaprakash Narayan, 1959.
- Folder containing scrumped newspaper cuttings from various sources