William Lawrence Docton Martyn
Given by P.D. Martyn
Punjab, Bengal, Assam 1927-1947
Assistant executive engineer, North Western Railway, Lahore 1927.
Worked on several projects in various capacities, i.e. Empress Bridge at Adamwahan 1929-30: Bombay Sind Railway Survey 1930: Became Engineer-in-Chef for Surveys in 1946. He left India in 1947.
Books and Reports
- Rules for the Preparation of Railway Projects: Revised 1926. Issued by the Government of India Railway Department.
- North Western Railway Statistical Record 1928-39 and 1943-44.
- North Western Railway Table of Goods Rates per maund. From 10 to 2,000 miles. In force from April 1 1936.
- Technical Paper. No. 208. Notes on Railway Surveys by Lt. Col. G.R. Hearn, D.S.O., R.E., 1920.
- Indian Railway Standard Codes of Practice and Bridge Rules.
- River Training and Control on the Guide Bank System by Mr. Francis J.E. Spring, C.I.E. 1935.
- North Western Railway. Report and Detailed Estimate of the Rupa-Talaura Railway, 1946: