Letters and diary entries from Sir John Rowland and his party as they evacuated Burma into Assam; letters and diaries of Alasdair Tainsh.
Folder 1 –
- Diary of Sir John Rowland kept during the evacuation.
- Letters from Rowland, dated August 13th 1942.
- Notes from the memoirs of E.I.Milne.
- The attitude of the Burmese People in the recent campaign written by Rowland.
- News articles about Rowland’s Party and the evacuation from Burma.
- Extract of Millar’s Diary
- Summary of Millar’s Diary
- Extracts from Gardiner’s Diary
- List of the Rossiter Family
- Letter from Edward Rossiter, 30th October 1942
Folder 2 –
- Keeping fit in the jungle, by Alasdair Tainsh, January 1943
- Diary of A. Tainsh
- Extracts from ‘And some fell by the wayside’ by Tainsh.
- Extracts from ‘The Mould Connection’ by Tainsh.
- The peasant approach to the fungal problem and current medical research by Tainsh.
- News article about Tainsh
Folder 3 – Information about Thomson and Lindop who worked closely with Tainsh on the Pangsau pass.
- Copy of a letter from from Lindop on the 30th of January 1943.
- Letter from Lindop to Leach, 28th March 1946.
- Letter to Leach from C.F.B Pearce.
- Lindop’s obituary.
- Lindop’s death certificate.
- Letter about Thomson.
- Extract of letter from Elsie Thomson (R Thomson’s wife), 9th of February 1943
- Notes about awards received by Thomson
- Letter extracts between Thomson and Humble.
- Elsie Thomson’s death certificate
- Death certificate of Ronald Thomson
- Notes from the Thomson’s obituary
- Letters about Thomson’s death.
- Twelve letters from Barlow to his wife.
- Extract from memoirs of W.H.D Newton.