Papers of Henry Sackville Barlow
- 86/1: Business files relating to subsidiary companies of Barlow Boustead Estates Agency Ltd/Sdn Bhd: Butterworth Bulking Installation Sdn Bhd 1966-72. Comprising:
- reports, papers and plans including site inspection by Axel Linquist (27 MAY 1966);
- detailed plans by M. A. Anderson, group engineer, Barlow Boustead Estates Agency (28 APR 1972);
- schedules prepared by Henry S. Barlow giving details of proposed financing of the scheme (11 MAY 1972);
- report by Axel Linquist on his site inspection for the Port Swettenham (palm oil) bulking installation (15 MAY 1966).
- 86/2: Business files relating to subsidiary companies of Barlow Boustead Estates Agency Ltd/Sdn Bhd: Kedah Oil Palms Bhd (formerly Barlow Estates Bhd) 1972-77. Comprising:
- accounts, minutes, correspondence and papers (Henry S. Barlow’s director’s copies);
- including papers relating to the company’s milling operations at the Bukit Mertajam estate, the building of a bulking (palm oil storage) installation in the Butterworth Deep Water Wharf, leased from the Penang Port Commission, (completed 30 JUN 1975), subsequent operations;
- memoranda (21 SEP 1977) and further papers setting out proposals for the future operations of the company and distribution of profits between Highlands & Lowlands and Selangor Coconuts (joint owners) (10 APR 1972 – 10 DEC 1977).
- 86/3: Business files relating to subsidiary companies of Barlow Boustead Estates Agency Ltd/Sdn Bhd: Kedah Oil Palms Bhd 1978-80. Comprising:
- accounts, estimates, minutes, correspondence and papers (Henry S. Barlow’s director’s copies);
- including papers relating to the working of the mill at Bukit Mertajam estate and the Butterworth Bulking installation;
- detailed analysis of the company’s financial losses (year to 30 JUN 1978);
- notes on proposal to lease bulking tanks to Barlow Bulking Sdn Bhd;
- reports by C. F. Chooi, Barlow Boustead Estates Agency group engineer, on plans for expansion of Butterworth Bulking installation (19 OCT, 23 NOV, 3 DEC 1979);
- valuation report on the company by Messrs Khong & Jaafar Sdn Bhd (29 JUN 1980).