Papers of Henry Sackville Barlow
- 85/1: Business files relating to subsidiary companies of Barlow Boustead Estates Agency Ltd/Sdn Bhd: Barlow Boustead Merchant Sdn Bhd 1971-76. Comprising:
- correspondence and papers relating to the application to the Bank Negara, Malaysia for exemption from the Moneylenders’ Ordinance, together with draft articles and memoranda and draft versions of the application;
- memorandum on ‘Barbeal and Merchant Banking Activities in Malaysia’, by Henry S. Barlow, setting out reasons behind formation of a separate company to provide banking facilities for estates in the Barlow Boustead group;
- (29 JAN 1971 – 23 JUL 1976).
- 85/2: Business files relating to subsidiary companies of Barlow Boustead Estates Agency Ltd/Sdn Bhd: Barlow Bulking Sdn Bhd 1970-81. Comprising:
- balance sheets (to 31 DEC 1970), yearly accounts (to 31 DEC 1971);
- reports and valuations by C.H. Williams, Talhar & Wong Sdn Bhd, including schedule showing current values of company properties (9 FEB 1981);
- valuation report on facility at Port Klang (11 MAR 1981), valuation report on plant machinery (23 MAR 1981).
- 85/3: Business files relating to subsidiary companies of Barlow Boustead Estates Agency Ltd/Sdn Bhd: Bekoh Holdings Ltd 1972-79. Comprising:
- >Henry S. Barlow’s copies (as director) of company accounts, annual reports and minutes, correspondence and papers;
- including papers relating to the proposed scheme of reorganisation, whereby Bekoh Holdings bought the Chamek estate from Barlow Boustead and sold on to Selangor Coconuts to offset its indebtedness and was then bought out by the Kuala Sidim Rubber Rubber Co. Bhd and placed in voluntary liquidation (19 OCT 1972 – 8 FEB 1979).