I.M. Stephens. Deputy Director, Bureau of Public Information, Govt. of India 1930-32; Director, 1932-37; Assistant Editor, Statesman of Calcutta 1937; Editor 1942-51; Fellow, King’s College, Cambridge 1952-58; Historian, Pakistan Government 1957-60.
Correspondence, newspaper articles, books relating to the International Conference on Quaid-i-Azam held in Islamabad in December 1976.
- Newspaper cutting: The Times March 31, 1977 entitled ‘Mr. Bhutto announces his new Cabinet as rioting continues’.
- Several newspaper cuttings from The Pakistan Times dated December 25, 29, 30, 31, 1976 all reporting on the International Congress on Quaid-i-Azam held in Islamabad.
- Copy of a speech, given at the above Conference.
- Newspaper cuttings from The Pakistan Times dated December 14, 17, and 19, 1976 all relating to above Conference, pp.13.
- Envelope containing newspapers and cuttings, The Pakistan Times, December/January 1976-77.
- Correspondence between I.M.S. and Dr. A.H. Dani, Secretary General to the International Congress on Quaid-i-Azam. The invitation to I.M.S. to give a paper, copy of I.M.S.’s paper and letters concerning arrangements. Also two letters from Prof. L.F. Rushbrook-Williams on his own paper and explaining his inability to attend the Congress for health reasons, pp.49.
- Envelope containing 11 invitations to I.M.S. for various events and dinners during the Congress. A collection of 11 Pakistan Stamps; 2 folders containing photocopies of documents and photographs from the Quaid-i-Azam Collections for the Congress in Islamabad published by the National Archives of Pakistan.
- Envelope containing:-
- Speech given at the Congress by Malik Ghulam Nabi, Minister for Education, Punjab;
- Inaugural address by Zulfikar Ali Bhutto;
- Speech by Prof. Abdul Hashim, Vice Chancellor Quaid-i-Azam University;
- Address of welcome by Mr. Abdul Hafeez Pirzada, Federal Minister for Education and Provincial Coordination;
- Paper, ‘Jinnah and the Home Rule Movement’ given by Mazhar Yusuf, and copy, v(a)
- List of delegates
- Programme of lectures, and copy, vii(a)
- Extended programme of lectures, and copy, viii(a)
- Biodata of delegates
- Catalogue of exhibition of documents and photographs to commemorate the centenary of Jinnah’s birth, and copy, x(a)
- Inaugural speech to the first meeting of the national committee for the centenary celebrations of Quaid-i-Azam