A.G. Shoosmith, O.B.E., A.R.I.B.A, and Mrs. Shoosmith.
Lent by Mrs. A.G. Shoosmith
India General. 1923-1972
- The Nineteenth Century and after February 1938. Article: ‘Present-Day architecture in India’, by A.G. Shoosmith.
- The Sunday Times Magazine, 14 May 1972. Article: ‘The Master Builders: 13’ Sir Edwin Lutyens, by David Gebhard, photographs by Robert Freson.
- RIBA Journal April 1979. Article: ‘The Viceroy’s House in Imperial Delhi’, by Peter Smithson.
- RIBA. Journal, October 1969. Photograph of Lutyens’ model caricature.
- Programmes: ‘The Inauguration of, New Delhi’.
- The unveiling of The Dominion Columns, 19 February 1931.
- People’s Fete, Delhi Fort. 11 February 1931.
- The Ceremony of Commemoration on the completion of the Indian War Memorial Arch, 12 February 1931.
- Journal of the East India Association, April 1933. Article: ‘Calcutta as Capital’ by C. Collin Davies.
- Extracted miscellaneous articles from the Indian State Railways Magazine:
- Article from The Pioneer 6 February 1931. A shelter for poor travellers. India’s memorial to Lady Hardinge Serai opened at Paharganj.
- Small scrap of paper with faint drawing.
- Extracts from The Bengal Bihar and Central India Annual 1931.
Article: New Delhi by Mrs: A.G. Shoosmith
Editorial: As it was in beginning: a brief outline of Britain’s early connection with India – and the foundation of the Hon. East India Company
- Another copy of both articles.
- Newspaper cuttings:
- ‘Havoc: Vizapatam and Waltair’ by M.C. Reid, Madras Mail, 17 November 1923. Original and xerox copy. Part of another xerox copy.
- ‘Through the Agency Hills to Jeypore’, by M.C. Reid. From the Bengal-Nagpur Railway Magazine, April 1925. A xerox copy of this article is included.
- Xerox copy – ‘A Railway Soliloquy’, Bengal-Nagpur Railway Magazine, n.d.
- Indian State Railways Magazine, March 1928.
Article: ‘Vizagapatam Harbour’, by Col. Cartwright Reid, C.B. (father of Mrs. Shoosmith and Engineer-in-Chief of the Harbour).
- ‘Vizagapatam Harbour’ – visit of H.E. the Rt. Hon. Edward Frederick Lindley Wood, Baron Irwin of Kirby-Under-Dale, P.C. G.M.S.I., G.M.I.E. Viceroy and Governor-General of India. 9 August 1927. A descriptive pamphlet of the construction and history of the harbour.
- Coloured painting of Vizagapatam Harbour: the new port of Middle Eastern India. The Times Weekly Edition, 29 June 1933.
- The Architectural Association Journal, March 1941. (part only).