Papers of Mr J.A. Borron, MBE
Donated by Mrs H. Borron
- Address book with 3 loose enclosures.
- Permit for the personal possession and consumption of alcohol, Madras, 1959.
- Envelope of visiting cards.
- Letters from JAB to Eileen, his wife: 1947 (3 letters with 7 enclosures), 1948 (5 letters with 9 enclosures), 1950 (2 letters with 12 enclosures), 1951 (1 letters with 3 enclosures), 1952 (1 letter), 1953 (2 letters), 1955 (2 letters), 1966 (2 letters), 1957 (5 letters with 2 enclosures), 1958 (1 letter), 1959 (7 letters), 1960 (3 letters)
- Letters to his daughter Hester (Rosebud): 12 personal letters, 1950-59.
Envelope 4: Papers relating to the death of J.A. Borron
- Telegram & letter from Mr. R.K. Tagat to Mrs. Borron with news of her husband’s serious illness, 1.3.1960.
- Cards from floral tributes at funeral, 1960. (Full list attached).
- List of payments made from his estate, and one letter from the CRO, London, 1960-1961
- Letter from O. Forster re. death certificate, 17.3.1960.
- Letters of Condolence, from Colleagues in India and elsewhere, who knew him professionally, 1 bundle and letters in folder, 1960.
- Letter from The Rt. Hon. Malcolm Macdonald, British High Commissioner, to Mrs. Borron, 1960.
- Letter (copy) from Donald Kerr, British High Commission in Delhi, to JAB’s daughter, Hester, 1960.
- Memorandum Book of Press Cuttings arranged by JAB’s office in Madras sent to Mrs. Borron
- Letter to Mrs Borron from Donald Kerr, 14.3.1960.
- Letter to P. Balakrishnan, of Beach Hotel, Calicut, from Mrs. Borron in reply to his telephone call to Mr. Tagat, 7.3.1960.
- Papers relating to the assistance and provision provided for J.A. Borron’s servants; letters to and from M.A. Gopalan & Kesavan; letters between Mrs. Borron, Mr. Kerr of the High Commission in Delhi, Mr. B. Tagat of the office in Madras & 0rs., 1960, 1961, 1964.
- Letters from R.K. Tagat to Mrs. Borron thanking for a bequest from JAB’s estate and later for the photographs of JAB, 1960, 2.
- Letter from R.K. Tagat to Mrs. Borron re. his visit to London, 5.7.1961.
- Five letters from Owen Lattimore to Miss E. Eldon Pratt (later Borron) written from China, 1920-25.
- Newspaper cutting from The Times announcing Prof Lattimore’s appointment at Leeds University, 13 November 1962