Thomas Douglas Wickenden, I.C.S. Joined Service in 1925 and posted to Central Provinces. Deputy Commissioner 1929; District and Sessions Judge June 1932; Legal Secretary to Government December 1943.
Given by Dr Wickenden.
- Papers relating to the publication of the Wickenden Report:
- Copy of Report on the Disturbances 1942-43. Government of India Press, New Delhi, 1944. [Prepared by Mr Wickenden and known as the Wickenden Report.] 105pp.
- Covering letter from Government of India, Home Department, dated 28 February 1944, sending Mr Wickenden a printed copy of the Report. Includes sentence: ‘I expect you will since have received Government of India’s “thanks”: I think the Report undoubtedly produced a deep impression, though I am afraid I have not seen any conclusions as yet.’ 1f
- Cutting from the Statesman of 19 August 1976 announcing the publication of the text of the Wickenden Report. 1f.
- Personal papers relating to the termination of the Secretary of State for India’s control over the Indian Civil Service, compensation, pension and annuity questions. 1945-48. 95ff.