William Warburton, John Paul Warburton
Given by Miss Olga I. Warburton
Small Collections Box 25
- One letter from Robert Warburton (Sir Robert Warburton’s father) in London, 24 July 1857, to James his brother referring to the rebellion.
- Twelve letters from William Warburton to his mother, father, and sisters, from S.S. Simla – Calcutta; Dharmsala; Jullundur; Lahore; Kapurthalah, 1866-77. Describing life of medical officers; visit of Emir of Kabul; meets his cousin Robert Warburton frequently; mentions the Melvills (q.v.) a daughter of whom he later married.
- One sheet (end) of a letter from William Warburton to his father.
- Two sheets of a letter from William Warburton to his mother from North Wales, 16 September 1864.
- Letter (one sheet) from William Warburton to his father from Southampton, 25 May 1866.
- Printed letter of application with testimonials from Colonel W.P. Warburton, candidate for the post of Superintendent Royal Infirmary Edinburgh, 1899. (twelve sheets).
- Xerox copy of Warburton family pedigree supplied by Miss Warburton.
- Two newspaper cuttings, recording death of Colonel W. Warburton, October 1911 and death of Captain Robert Warburton.
- One letter from William Warburton in Edinburgh to his father ?1861 (two sheets).
- TS copy of ‘Super-detective of the Punjab’, (i.e. John Paul Warburton), an article published in Canada c. February, 1917. Copied by Olga I. Warburton, whose great-uncle, Robert Warburton, was the adoptive father of John Paul Warburton.
- Controller of Devils: a life of John Paul Warburton., C.I.E. of the Punjab Police, 1840-1919. Written by G.D. Martineau. London, privately printed, 1965.
- Precis of “Controller of Devils” made by J.D. Scroggie, 1967.