Collection of letters to and about Sir Harold (Jack) Stevens, I.C.S., Bengal 1920-1947, eventually serving as Chief Secretary. Letters mostly refer to the awarding of the C.S.I. in 1944. 7pp.
Small Collections Box 22
- 10.6.1944. Letter from M. Azizul Haque offering congratulations on the award of a knighthood.
- 27.11.1982. Letter from M.M. Stuart to Ian Stein (donor of these papers and grandson of H.S.E. Stevens) giving recollections of his grandparents.
- 7.6.1944. Letter of congratulation from Richard Casey, Governor of Bengal.
- 7.6.1944. Letter of congratulation from Lord Wavell, the Viceroy.
- 8.6.1944. Letter of congratulation from E.C. Benthall.
- 11.6.1944. Letter of congratulation from G.W. Tyson.
- 10.6.1944. Letter of congratulation from T.G. Rutherford.
- 31.3.1945. Letter of thanks for efforts during the bengal Famile of 1943-44, from Khawaja Sir Nazimuddin.
- 29.4.1946. Letter of thanks for service upon leaving office from Sir Frederick Burrows, Governor of Bengal.
- Facsimile of group photograph showing H.S.E. Stevens at Saroj Nalini Women’s Society, n.d.