Given by Lt. Col. H.S. Stansfeld
Papers of Henry Hamer Stansfeld, Ensign H.E.I.C.S. 13 December 1856; Lieutenant 19 November 1857, attached to the 10th Foot.
- Xerox copy of diary: 23 December 1857 – 17 March 1858. Not much apart from troop movements and skirmishes, and analysis, at the end, of the distances marched between the various destinations.
- Xerox copy of journal 15 October 1862 – 28 January 1864. Voyage to Calcutta (86 days); journey from Calcutta to Sialkot, and then to Rawalpindi. Addenda – list of property in large wooden case 28 October 1864 and a receipt [recipe] for Milk Punch and Athole Brose.
- Lecture notes by Captain C. Stansfeld: early history of Nepal (very sketchy); The Nepal Durbar – Nepal Government (very sketchy); some duties of the R.S.O. and Gurkha recruiting.
Lectures given at Staff College, Quetta, 1912:
- ‘The Origin of the Kingdom of Nepal and its inhabitants, together with a summary of its War Forces and Materiel’
- Nepal, Gurkhas and Gurkha recruiting.
- Newspaper cutting The Pioneer 26 November 1906 with article ‘Lord Kitchener on Nepal’.
- Blue print of rough map showing the approximate position of the H.Q. stations of the Tehsils in Nepal. Scale 1 inch to 32 miles, n.d.
- Map of Nepal, scale, 1inch : 32 miles, showing its Frontier, its Divisions, and the Tehsil divisions. Staff College, Quetta, 1912.
- ‘Map of the Dominions of the House of Gorkha’, – engraved by W.& D. Lizare, Edinburgh- scale, 1inch : 34 English miles, n.d.
- Notes on N.E. Frontier. 1907. 27 pp. plus 1 p.
- ‘The road to Rima; a short general report’, by Major C. Stansfeld (1/8th Gurkha Rifles) with a detailed road report, by Lt. H.R. Harington (1/8th Gurkha Rifles). Shillong, 31 March 1914.
- Inspection of Swat and Dir armies. TS. 4 pp. n.d.
Microfilm Box No.41
TS copies of letters written home 23 November 1856 – 5 November 1858.
Accounts of his own part, and news and comments on the conduct of the mutiny as a whole. From his voyage out on the S.S. Colombo and S.S. Bentinck. Fort William, Dinapore, Analy, Lucknow etc.