Given by Colonel W.A. Salmon.
Two albums (Boxes A118, A119) of newscuttings, photographs and correspondence covering the years 1936-8 and compiled by Lieutenant Colonel W.A. Salmon while A.D.C. to H.E. the Governor of Sind, Sir Lancelot Graham K.C.S.I., K.C.I.E., the first Governor of Sind following its constitution as an independent province. The albums are particularly noteworthy for their detailed record of the everyday life of a Governor in British India including his social activities. They include printed invitations, menu-cards, itineraries, orders of ceremonies, cards of sporting events. Newscuttings are from the Sunday Statesman; Sind Tribune; Sind Observer; Sind Daily Gazette; The New Sind; Madras Mail; Times of India; Civil and Military Gazette.
Some of the more important items are listed below.
- p1. Introduction – historical note.
- p3. a-j 29 March 1936 Biography and work of Sir Charles Napier, first Governor of Sind.
- p4. m-s Financial and administrative basis of new province of Sind.
- p9. b-f Political and religious history of Sind.
- p9. h-i History of Hyderabad, one time capital of Sind.
- p9. l-n Composition of Sind Legislative Assembly and Provincial Delimitation Committee. Composition of constituences.
- p9. o-s History of Karachi, census returns; potential as port and airport.
- p9. t Agricultural statistics relevant to the Sukkur Barrage.
- p13. pt 1 April 1936 Analysis of Sind.
- p43. d-h 23 October 1936 Five Year Plan for Sind Roads.
- p49. a-m 31 October 1936 H.E’s Investiture in Secretariat, Karachi.
- p1. a 13-18 December 1936 Booklet. Programme for Governor’s Tour of Hyderabad. 51 pp.
- p1. b 19-21 December 1936 Booklet. Programme for Governor’s Tour of Dadu. 21 pp.
- p1. c 22 December 1936 – 4 January 1937 Booklet. Programme for Governor’s Tour of Larkana. 25 pp.
- p2. a 12-16 January 1937 Booklet. Programme for Governor’s Tour of Jacobabad. 19 pp.
- p2. b 18-21 January 1937 Booklet. Programme for Governor’s Tour of Nawabshah and Sakrand. 17 pp.
- p2.c 1-10 February 1937 Booklet. Programme for Governor’s Tour of Thar Parkar District and Guni and Sujawal Talukas. 13 pp. Booklets printed at the Government Press, Karachi.
- p21. g September 1937 Description of Government House and its rebuilding.