Papers of Colonel Louis Alexander Gordon Pinhey, I.P.S. Chief Commissioner, Baluchistan, 1929; served in Quetta-Pishin, Ajmer-Merwara and Baluchistan for periods during 1930s; Wazir-I-Azarn, Kalat October 1940.
- ‘Report on the Quetta Earthquake of 31st May 1935.’ By Captain L.A.G. Pinhey. Government of India Press, 1938. Printed. Photocopy.
- Personal file largely covering compensation and pension questions. 1946-47.
- File of miscellaneous personal papers 1917-57 many relating to Pinhey’s service in Foreign Office 1949-51.
- File of miscellaneous personal papers relating to Pinhey’s service in Foreign Office 1949-51.
- Envelope of ephemera, menu cards, etc.
- File of press cuttings on India and Quetta earthquake.
- File of correspondence with Mr C. Chenevix Trench about the latter’s book Viceroy’s Agent (1987). Includes text of Pinhey’s memoir on service in the Indian Political Service. 1985.