Mr R. Palmer
In 1946 Mr Palmer was appointed by Balmer Lawrie & Co., as Visiting Agent to thirty or so tea estates in Assam including Jokai.
Given by Mr Palmer.
- Reports of Jokai (Assam) Tea Company 1926-1935 compiled by J.W. Tweedie. 1 volume.
- Reports of Jokai (Assam) Tea Company 1936-1945 compiled by J.W. Tweedie. 1 volume.
- Notes on the history and growth of the Jokai Tea Company written by R. Palmer. n.d. 15 ff.
- Notes, as above, on the medical service at Jokai Tea Company, n.d. 7 ff.
- A short memorandum on the beginnings of the Eriabari tea garden, 19.5.80. 2 ff.
Additional material donated by Mr Palmer:
- Handwritten notes on the history of the Jaipur Tea Estates Ltd, by J.W. Tweedie, 1887. 10pp. TS transcription of the same, 4pp.
- Jaipur Tea Comapny, list of shareholders, 22 April 1924.
- ‘Jokai Tea Company, 1936’. MS document discussing remuneration, grading and company organisation in the future.
- Letter, M. Tweedie to ‘Max’, 6.12 1949, outlining the history of Jaipur Tea Company.