H.E. Newnham, C.C.S., C.M.G.
Small Collections Box 18
Report on food shortages in Ceylon [Sri Lanka], 1935; papers relating to the work of Walter T. Stace; comments on assorted books about Ceylon.
- ‘Report on the relief of distress due to sickness and shortage of food, September 1934 to December 1935’, by H.E. Newnham. Colombo, Ceylon Government Press, 1936. Sessional Paper V.
- Cutting from The Times showing the unveiling of the memorial to the Colonial Service, March 1966.
- Cutting from The Ceylon Observer, 12 May 1963, of an article by R.L. Brohier on ‘Law – in the last days of the Sinhalese kings.’
- Article from the Bulletin of the European Association of Ceylon, July 1951 on ‘Just gun licences’ by H.E. Newnham.
- Letter to Professor Ludowyk, 5 November 1962, from W.T. Stace; contains criticisms of Ludowyk’s book Story of Ceylon. TS 3 pp.
- Letter to Mr. Smith, 8 January 1965, from H.E. Newnham, concerning W.T. Stace.
- Cutting from the New York Times, August 1967 – obituary of Dr. Walter T. Stace.
- Three letters from Professor E.F.C. Ludowyk, 25 January, 31 January and 8 February 1965, on Ceylon. TS.
- Letter to Mr. Hulugalle from H.E. Newnham, 9 June 1965, enclosing notes on Hulugalle’s book British Governors of Ceylon. TS 10 pp.