Lent by B.E. Hyde-Smith
Indian Army 1853-1907
- Family tree written on fly sheet of family Bible.
- Statement of the Services of Major Edmund Davidson Smith (30 March 1874).
- Commissions of Edmund Davidson Smith:
- as Ensign in the 95th Regiment of Foot from 22 April 1853.
- as Lieutenant from 6 June 1854
- as Captain from 5 June 1855
- as Major of Infantry from 1 May 1866
- as Fort Major and Adjutant, Jersey, from 16 January 1874.
- Letter of appointment to Bt. Lt. Colonel E.W. Smith to serve on Staff of the West Indies as Assistant Adjutant and Q.M. General, half pay, 18 April 1877.
- TS Reminiscences of Major-General E. Davidson Smith (of the 95th Foot): 1) The Crimea (9pp.), 2) The Indian Mutiny (6pp.)
- Photograph of the Jubilee of the Indian Mutiny, 1857-1907. Levie of the Survivors by H.M. King Edward VII, 25 June 1907.