Donated by Mrs. I.G. Loch.
Papers of Sir Alfred Gibbs Bourne D.S.C., F.R.S., K.C.I.E. Period in India 1886-c.1915. Appointed Professor of Biology, Presidency College, Madras, 1886. Director of Public Instruction, Madras, 1903. Additional Member Legislative Council, 1903. Member of Board of Scientific Advice, India. Director of Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
Small Collections Box 4
- Letter of 3 April 1913 from Branson and Branson, Solicitors of Madras to Sir Alfred Bourne concerning transfer of Title Deeds of ‘Adyar House’ to the Prince of Arcot.
- List of Title Deeds of the Adyar House, dated 4 April 1913.
- Letter dated 4 October 1913 from Sir Gulam Mahomed Ali Khan Bahadur, Prince of Arcot to Sir Alfred Bourne concerning conveyancing of Adyar House.
- Letter of 14 October 1913 from Branson and Branson, Solicitors, to Sir Alfred Bourne enclosing their account for conveyancing of Adyar House.
- Letter of 16 October 1913 to the Hon. Sir Alfred Bourne from the Revenue Officer, Corporation of Madras.
- Letter of 20 October 1913 to Sir Alfred Bourne from the Prince of Arcot concerning demand from Madras Corporation.
- Letter of 15 November 1913 from Branson and Branson, Solicitors, enclosing receipt for Rs.464.8.0 in connection with conveyancing of Adyar House.
- An Agreement between the Indian Institute of Science, represented by the Chairman of the Council of the Institute, and Sir Alfred Gibbs Bourne, dated 16 November 1915.