Papers donated to the Centre by the British Association for Cemeteries in South Asia (BACSA). Memoirs and accounts of the evacuation of Burma ahead of the Japanese invasion of 1942.
Donated by BACSA through the good offices of Mr David Blake, Archivist.
Personal accounts of the evacuation from Burma, 1942:
- Anonymous account of the taking of Rangoon, 1942.
- R.M.W. Lowe, Burma Railways, evacuation memoir.
- Newton (no further details), evacuation memoir.
- Harold Oxbury, extract from autobiography detailing the war in Burma.
- Sir John Rowland, Burma Railways, letter and diary of evacuation route, 1942.
- Percy Salkeld, Steel Brothers, evacuation memoir, 1942.